- World Relief Sacramento is a non-profit organization that receives funding from the State of California to provide legal services to California residents who are immigrants anywhere in the state.
- Our office can currently provide free remote DACA renewal assistance to income-eligible Californian residents. This includes covering the $495 renewal fee.
- Read the following and find a link below to complete a simple eligibility screening form.
This is a difficult time for everyone, especially undocumented individuals and families. While our office has formally closed for in-person appointments, we at World Relief want to do what we can to help DACA applicants like you renew and maintain their status. The State of California has provided us another round of DACA renewal assistance funding, and so we are able to provide free services and cover the $495 fee for income-eligible individuals. Because we are currently not permitted to have in-person appointments, it means that we’ll have to get a little creative to provide you the services remotely. Please read the following overview to get a sense of what to expect. Then, if you’re ready to apply, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
Note: We will be able to cover fees for the first hundred clients who finish all of their paperwork. If you start the process but don’t finish it, we can’t guarantee your fee will be covered before government funding is exhausted. Also note, among other requirements, your DACA must be expired or expiring between now and May 1, 2021 for us to currently serve you.
Here’s an overview of the process:
You will first complete an online screening form. After we review it, we’ll send you another email with additional instructions. We have recorded a password-protected video that walks you through completing your forms step-by-step. Watch the video and complete the forms as directed in Adobe Reader. You will then upload all forms to a shared file saved in the cloud. A member of the immigration legal services team will contact you to complete an initial review. After this, the attorney on staff will complete a final review. We’ll then have you scan your required documentation, sign and scan the required form pages, and email them back to us. After that, we package everything and submit the forms on your behalf with the completed check for the $495 renewal fee.
You’ll need the following skills in order to complete the process:
You will need to be able to:
- Access a personalized OneDrive folder online via a link
- Edit and save PDFs
- Upload files to the internet
- Scan documents
- Attend an online video review call
You will need some equipment and/or an app:
- A computer or tablet with Adobe Reader installed so you can edit and save PDF forms
- Scanner: If you don’t have a scanner at home, we recommend the app Genius Scan (available for free from the App Store and Google Play store)
- Printer: If you don’t have access to a printer, we will have to mail you the final forms. This will slow down the processing of your case, and so we recommend trying to find access to a printer.
Unfortunately, if you do not think you can complete these operations, we will not be able to serve you until coronavirus-related restrictions on meeting face-to-face are relaxed.
If you are interested to proceed, the first step is to complete our online eligibility screening form at
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, or call 916-978-3410.
The Immigration Legal Services team at World Relief Sacramento