Employment FAQs


Is it possible to have engineering credentials accepted in the U.S.?: 

Many of our SIV holders were engineers back in their home country and would like to continue that line of work in Sacramento. It is possible to get their engineering credentials to switch over but this is a long and fairly expensive process. If this is what they're interested in, you can share NCEES's website with them. 


An individual got a warehouse job far away and works the swing shift. Is this normal?

Yes, this is one of the most common entry level positions refugees, and specifically SIVs, obtain as their first job. Once they gain experience, save some money, and improve their English if needed, they are able to search for other jobs and have solid work references.