Purpose: World Relief matches volunteers with opportunities to serve at our front desk, assisting/directing clients with their immediate needs. Provide hospitality and a welcoming attitude to new refugees in person and answering phone calls.
- Has a solid understanding of what World Relief does as a whole and can communicate it clearly
- Assist non-native speakers in directing them to who they need to meet with
- Route/Screen calls to specific World Relief staff
- Provides callers with information such as address, directions to the office, fax numbers, website and other related information
- Greet participants warmly
- Assist in small office projects
- Filing & shredding documents as needed
- Maintain clean & organized lobby
- Able to problem solve
- Sensitivity to persons of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- High degree of patience, understanding, and flexibility.
- Attend “Volunteer Information Session.”
- Record and report monthly volunteer hours served, as detailed in the Volunteer Interview.
- Pass Federal Background Check; and if transporting, driving record check.
- NO previous front desk experience required
The first step in becoming a WRS Volunteer is to attend one of our monthly Volunteer Information Sessions (VIS). These sessions are meant to give you an introduction into refugee resettlement and volunteer opportunities. After attending the information session, all volunteers must complete an application and background checks before starting.